For customers who do not host their sites with BoldWater, we do not provide email support. Please contact your hosting company.
For BoldWater hosting customers your email settings are going to follow this pattern.
Use the following for standard POP email connection
Mail Server Username: youremail+yourdomain.com
(note the + symbol replacing the @ symbol)
Incoming Mail Server: mail.yourdomain.com
Port : 110
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.yourdomain.com
SMTP server requires password authentication
Port : 26 or 25
Some Internet Service Providers such as BellSouth / ATT / SBC block outgoing data on port 25, use port 26 in these cases.
Use the following for SSL mail server connections
Incoming Mail Server: boldwater.ndthost.com
Outgoing Mail Server: boldwater.ndthost.com
Server requires password authentication
Port : 465
You may see untrusted warnings in your email program when using SSL connection as our server uses a self-signed certificate that must be accepted.
Supported Incoming Mail Protocols: POP3, POP3S (SSL/TLS), IMAP, IMAPS (SSL/TLS)
Supported Outgoing Mail Protocols: SMTP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)
Need help entering the settings into your email program?
Check out this helpful collection of tutorials on YouTube for setting up email on PC, Mac, iPhone & iPad
Before contacting us for support, please have the answers to as many of the questions below as possible.
- Your Email Address?
- What is your current password or what should we reset it to if necessary?
- Can you access your website at http://www.yourdomain.com?
- What Computer Operating System are you using? (examples – XP, Vista, Windows 7, OSX 10.6, iOs on iPhone / iPad)
- What email program are you using? (examples – Outlook, Outlook Express, Apple Mail, etc)
- Can you send but not receive?
- Can you receive but not send?
- What is the error message you are getting?
- What is your IP address ? click here to find out – www.whatismyip.com
- Have you tried accessing your WebMail system via web-browser? http://www.yourdomain.com/webmail